Home ownership assistance in the form of down payment assistance is available for the 712 Housing Revitalization Program. Eligible applicant must have an income at or below the set Median Family Income program requirements (see chart below). The program allows the acquisition of a home renovated as part of the 712 Housing Revitalization Program with less down payment: up to $10,000 per home with funds secured by a 10‐year forgivable loan.
Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Available based on income-eligibility
- Up to $10,000 for down payment
- 0% interest
- No monthly payment
- Forgivable over 10 years
- Annual gross household income cannot exceed the guidelines established by HUD, 80% or less of area median income
- Need to obtain a mortgage (lender of your choice)
- Must reside in the home as your primary residence during the life of the down payment assistance loan (10-years)
- Buyer shall satisfactorily complete a pre-purchase education program offered by Family Housing Advisory Services (additional information to be provided)
Interested in Down Payment Assistance? Fill out this form.