Shamrock Shuffle is only 5 weeks away! We’ve been working hard with our partners to make sure we have a plan in place to make this a safe event for all to attend.
Here’s 5 things we’re doing for the event:
- Staggered tarting waves – there are limited sized starting waves along with separate starting and ending areas to help keep crowd size down
- Masks required at starting area – this is part of the social contract every participant signs, masks are optional while on the route and able to social distance better
- Limited post-race options – no block party or photo booth this year, but there will be a food truck and a few spaced out vendors in the cool-down area. A few businesses on the 100 Block will also have specials tied to the event for people to enjoy
- Race day safety ambassador – there will be someone dedicated to making sure participants are safe at the event
- Virtual options – don’t want to participate in person this year? No biggie because you can participate virtually!
All this and more is being done to help enable us to have a safe and fun event. The Shamrock Shuffle ties into our nonprofits mission of activating public space and promoting healthy lifestyles in Council Bluffs. We hope that you’ll consider joining us this year at this fun 5K!